Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. Its a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
In this role as Electrical Designer, you have the opportunity to develop electrical (sub-) systems and solutions (including their validation, testing and troubleshooting) for interventional Guided Therapy systems (fixed interventional X-Ray systems). You will work within a multi-disciplinary team on applying research results and technology advancements while taking care of the total system.
As Electrical Designer you are responsible for:
• the design, realization and test of a system, subsystem and component
• developing the work with focus on consumer needs and technological competitiveness
• developing on the basis of design specifications in accordance with the functional specifications and tests
• finalizing the design specifications, schematics, drawings and writing test scenarios for the modules and components
• drawing-up personal schedules and reporting on progress, while keeping in mind the costs of the activities
• delivering input in the planning process to the project leader
• delivering proper documentation for the developed hardware/software/mechanics
You are a part of the electrical department of the mechatronic development cluster within the IGT Fixed Systems R&D organization. The department consists of an open and multi-cultural team working on lifecycle management (PQ&M) and new product introductions (NPI). The key competences of the electronics department are hardware infrastructure, interconnectivity, power infrastructure and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) on system level.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• The designer has minimum a Master of Science or related technical degree in electrical-, electronics-, mechatronics engineering or related engineering discipline.
• a minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience in professional engineering environment
• Experience in new product introduction or life-cycle development in the industry
• Being a team player with good managerial skills (soft skills)
• Good communication skills in English and preferably also in Dutch
• Drive for quality
• Demonstrated ability in reliability engineering
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!