SMART Photonics B.V. established in 2012, is an innovative scale-up in photonics at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. We are trusted by the world's leading tech companies, large and small. We are the world's first pure-play foundry for Indium Phosphide photonics semiconductors, collaborating with our customers to turn their designs into the chips we manufacture at our facilities. Indium phosphide chips are proving to be the best choice in many innovative applications ranging from next generation low-power consumption datacentres to “intelligent pills” for medical diagnostics and high-accuracy drug dispense. Integrated photonics also plays an increasingly important role in the aircraft industry, air quality monitoring and ultra-secure cryptography.
As a Senior Equipment Engineer you will be responsible for all our tooling being used in our operational
processes. From Supplier selection up to Site Acceptance Tests and from providing first line support towards our technicians up to aligning with R&D regarding feasibility.
As an organization we’re in a ramp-up stage which means we have to upscale our current production facility. We are planning to invest in new manufacturing tools in order to get into a next level of maturity. It’ll be your responsibility to get all the needed equipment in place in parallel with our technical roadmap and operational processes. This includes a wide variety of tooling, varying from a plasma deposition tool up to a lithography tool and from a coat and developer tracks to a wet or dry etch tool. Within your role you not only look ahead, but you also work on preventive maintenance by setting up procedures and educating the end user of these tools. Within this context you’ll closely work with Process Engineers, Technicians, R&D Engineers and Technical Project leaders.
We are looking for a person who has/is
• Successfully completed a relevant BSc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, Mechatronics or a related field
• Has at least 10 years of experience in the field of equipment engineering
• Experience with semiconductor related equipment and manufacturing (cleanroom) environments is a strong preference
• If you don’t have a background in semicon, it should be an industry that makes you tick by which you rely on your
track record within an high-tech industry
• Strong communicator
• Experience with new tool installation projects (selection, acceptance and release). SAT and FAT rings a bell to you very loudly!
• Flexibility and adaptability in order to work within dynamic teams
• Someone who takes ownership and gets stuff done
• To become part of a new revolution in chip technology in the field of Photonics, like micro electronics was in de ‘70s.
Building on a great future for the industry.
• To develop with us SMART Photonics into a market leader in an entrepreneurial, dynamic environment.
• A challenging position with plenty of room for own initiatives and professional development.
• A talented group of passionate people, working in an open culture, in multidisciplinary teams.
• A competitive set of employment terms.
• Freedom in your job, you most likely act as an entrepreneur
• A broad and organic role
• An open and informal culture in which you can truly add value
• Located on the bustling High Tech Campus, in the Brainport Region
• Not a single boring working day.