DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world; always being driven by our design philosophy “environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers”. As a global operating company we offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
The Architecture department within Embedded Engineering is responsible for the:
• translation of requirements on a functional level into a physical Electric/Electronic (E/E) Architecture consisting of Control Systems; a combination of hardware and software components,
• the further split of PACCAR developed Control Systems into an architecture consisting of hardware, Basic Software and Application Software, and
• maintenance of expertise in key areas, like CyberSecurity, diagnostics and functional safety
To support the growth in projects and technology development, we are seeking a well-qualified Cyber Security Engineer, to work within our creative team in an innovative, fast moving environment.
CyberSecurity Engineer Embedded Systems
As CyberSecurity Engineer you will be responsible for the definition, implementation and validation of the cybersecurity concept on vehicle related Control Systems.
You will be responsible for:
- Definition of the CyberSecurity concept and resulting countermeasures considering the control system capabilities, safety and diagnostics concept.
- Alignment of the cybersecurity concept and the implementation with other stakeholders in the organization. E.g. Manufacturing, aftersales and IT
- Definition of CyberSecurity requirements for new/updated ECU’s
- Discuss implementation proposals with suppliers
- Definition of the crypto service functionality within the IT infra structure
- Functional validation of the Cybersecurity concept
You will review and approve:
- Stakeholder requirement documents
- Proposals from suppliers
- Verification reports from suppliers
You will support:
- Root cause analyses of complex issues related to cryptographic calculations and diagnostic communication to ECU’s
- Definition of hardware requirements for new/updated ECU’s
- Simultaneous Engineering teams under the lead of a System Owner to support a successful integration in production
In this position you will report regular status updates to the Property Owner Vehicle Cybersecurity. You will support the System Owners in achieving the project milestones meet with other vehicle CyberSecurity Engineers within Paccar to align on processes and strategy.
• Technical education on master level with a specialisation in CyberSecurity, mechanical-, electrical- or automotive engineering
• At least 2 years of relevant experience in automotive
• Knowledge of embedded software and hardware
• Knowledge of automotive standards like ISO 21434, ISO 14229 and Autosar
• Experience with Vector tools like CANape and CANoe is a plus
• Experience with risk assessment tooling is a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and convincing
• Analytical skills
• You are able to explain complex technical information clearly and to the point
• Ability to collaborate across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skill
• Fluent in English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form. Willing to learn Dutch language.
Yacht will give you an attractive salary, plus assistance along the way.