Join us a the Continuous Improvement Manager for two advanced manufacturing sites
AkzoNobel is committed to a determined policy of Continuous Improvement (CI) across all our sites and operations. Within this context, your mission in this role is to champion, develop and sustain a culture of CI and a knowledge of related methodologies across two of our key Decorative Paints manufacturing sites in the Netherlands.
Your objective is to improve the sites’ key performance indicators (Safety, OTIF, cost, material efficiency, quality, and inventories) by acting as an agent for change and proactively developing CI capabilities and mindset. In doing so you deploy all your knowledge of tools such as Lean Six Sigma (L6S) and TPM along with AkzoNobel Leading Performance System (ALPS). You report to the Site/Plant Manager(s) and you are part of the Management Team (MT).
As such, this is a position for candidates with solid project, line manager or team leader experience who can effectively move from a ‘big picture’ situational overview to an actionable plan. You should also be able to apply powerful interpersonal and conflict resolution skills at all organizational levels, gaining respect and trust so that you motivate others to embrace and participate in the change process.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as an inspiring team player who can leverage the skills and knowledge of those around you to design and implement solutions? Have you gained valuable experience of the practical implementation of change programs? Can you multitask in high-pressure environments while building a network and coaching others? Above all, do you have what it takes to make a real difference as you learn and grow within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the position of
Continuous Improvement Manager Multisite
The role and its responsibilities
This full-time position is based at our production sites at Groot-Ammers and Ammerzoden, the Netherlands, but you might travel to other sites occasionally. Your core task is to provide the link between the site performance targets and the actionable steps necessary to achieve them, often leading these initiatives yourself. A multi-week training program (L6S Black Belt) as well as coaching and support from our Integrated Supply Chain is provided.
You are active across a number of key areas:
Build organizational capabilities
You develop and expand local capabilities in applying CI tools and methods (L6S), promoting a structured problem-solving approach. In doing so you:
- Provide vision and direction for the future development and performance of the site;
- Deploy and sustain the Deco EMEA-wide capability and improvement program;
- Coach Advanced and Lead Practitioners and local MT and give reinforcement training on CI topics.
You support and challenge the workforce and local MT in direction setting, prioritization and implementation of improvement activities. Thus you:
Improvement Portfolio Management
- Monitor the capability fit and participation of the organization with agreed CI activities and take corrective actions (training, coaching) or escalate to the site manager where necessary;
- Review the ALPS operating framework to ensure compliance with corporate and BA requirements and guide the site MT’s decision process for corrective actions;
- Actively lead agreed initiatives to improve areas of concern;
- Ensure that all improvement initiatives are registered and establish a monthly saving report.
You identify, validate, initiate and drive new improvement opportunities and promote the passion for excellence and delivering on commitments. You then manage the improvement project funnel and also ‘walk the talk’ by running your own improvement projects.
Together with the local MT you assure adequate starting conditions for an effective and sustainable ALPS implementation before a first assessment workshop with the ALPS team.
To apply for this position you must possess all of the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Master’s preferred) in a relevant technical, business or economics field;
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in Operations, Production, Maintenance, Logistics, (Process) Engineering, CI, etc;
- Several years of experience in CI methodologies such as L6S and a qualified Black Belt, or willing to train as an L6S black belt if necessary;
- Strong computer skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint, JMP), thus able to prepare various formats of documentation associated with CI programs;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, able to identify and structure issues, run accurate (also statistical) analyses and synthesize recommendations;
- Powerful communication and presentational skills including fluent written and spoken English.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. You can expect an attractive salary and benefits package. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application via
, reference 19000356. If you have any questions, please contact Denise de Bock, Talent Acquisition Partner,
+31 (0)88 0106789
, option 2. Or click on the
An employment screening may be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit