Buyer (36 hours per week)
Are you at you best working with market trends and would you like to work in a team that has a significant impact on the company? Join our team and join us in finding creative and sustainable solutions by working in multi-disciplinary teams with master data and extensive SCM networks. Every day we are working on new challenges in close cooperation with our colleagues from Finance, R&D, Marketing, Manufacturing and R&D. This means that working as a Buyer within this team is a great opportunity to expand your SCM experience in an international environment. And last but not least we work with the biggest and best tasting brands!
As Buyer you support together with Group and regional procurement multi-year operational plans for category spend management and supplier base development. This provides Perfetti van Melle Benelux a competitive advantage by ensuring that suppliers are aware of the business objectives. In this role you report to the Purchasing Manager.
Does this sounds good to you? These will be your responsibilities:
- Develop an advanced understanding of category subject matters ( Packaging, Flavours, Juices & Ingredients) in order to support the Group Purchasing strategic plans;
- Analyze Category and Supplier Spend history, trends and forecasts and draws conclusions to provide actionable insights into important developments;
- Demonstrate skills in pricing analysis, modelling, purchase price cost analysis and identifying competitive benchmark in order to leverage commercial decision making.
- Implement and maintain procurement reporting and analysing tools and technologies to create a strong basis for procurement decision making;
- Develop collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships on operational levels in order to ensure the working environment runs smoothly, to mitigate risk and to help align business goals
- Together with de Process and Technology department facilitate and manage cross-functional sourcing initiatives, including buy / rent / outsource decisions;
- Develop detailed supplier knowledge and market data including financial performance to help leverage business decision making;
- Monitor key suppliers to provide internal notifications to key stakeholders including developing risk mitigation scenarios;
- Together with Group Purchasing ensure a diversity in suppliers per category in order to spread risks.
- Identify opportunities that focus on cost reductions, efficiencies/quality improvements, risk mitigation, industry and supply trends and shifts in technology;
- Exhibit and act with integrity by maintaining compliance with internal policies, procedures and all regulatory and governmental regulations and laws.
- Initiate, coordinate and follow the One Project list (together with P&T, R&D and group procurement)