Business Development Manager Bulk Oils & Commodities
Summary of Position -
In the role of a Business Development Manager Bulk Oils & Commodities, you will be responsible for driving sales and margin targets for the European Bulk Oils & Commodities Segment. You will be in charge of developing and implementing a segment strategy, focusing on optimizing existing and acquiring new business. You will strongly liaise with the trading, supply chain, marketing and innovation departments to optimize your way of working and deliver the best value propositions. You will also be responsible for the management of the Rotterdam Sales Team. Your customer portfolio will, amongst others exist of a number of large corporate accounts. Next to the hard selling of commodities, we also expect a certain level of technical understanding to be involved in product management.??
You will be working in a young team with many development opportunities, commercially and management wise. Your office for this position is based in Wormerveer. You will report to the General Manager of the Business Team Rotterdam.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Direct responsibility for the customers in Bulk Oils & Commodities Segment
- Meet sales targets in volume and margin while controlling the financial risks and exposure;
- Develop and implement portfolio sales strategy;
- Develop and execute sales and account plans;
- Deliver against volume and margin (AIM) growth targets.
- Active role in pricing strategy together with Supply Sourcing & Trading
- Closely follow relevant market and customer needs, trends and technology developments, and translate these into innovative value-selling propositions to grow the business.
- Lead strategic planning, namely market input and customer ideation, innovation funnel (managing the fraction balance where applicable), successful product launches, Customer value-offering activation, and product line performance/product-lifecycle management, by coordinating activities with all relevant functions, including innovation, manufacturing, sales, marcom, supply-chain, customer service and quality.
- Visit your customers regularly (travel approx. 30%) to understand their business goals and objectives, pro-actively offer solutions to their marketing challenges;
- Maximize profitability and performance satisfaction on all touch points at existing and new clients;
- Build-out relationships in existing client base to find new cross- / up-sell opportunities;
- Strive to create a consistent pipeline of new and advanced opportunities, at a size and quality that will convert to plan achievement;
- Work with named accounts to produce product solutions, develop new business, ensure client satisfaction, and maintain positive ongoing relationships;
- Manage revenue goals for the given account/client within a sales territory or vertical;
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of key statistics, forecasts and client data;
- Collaborate with global sales partners;
- Effective management of sales resources including territory and account planning;
- Liaise with Trading, Supply Chain, Marketing and Innovation;
- Liaise with Finance on sales reporting requirements;
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- University or Bachelor’s Degree, in Business Administration, Economics or related field, preferably with a Financial or Trading specialization;
- A proven track record in meeting and exceeding revenue targets;
- evenue targets
- Experience in a sales and/or trading environment, preferable in commodities;
- Technical knowledge is highly preferred;
- 5+ years’ experience in a Commercial Role;
- Fluency in English required;
- Experience in working with ERP and CRM tools;
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Team player;
- Result- and client oriented;
- Strategic thinker;
- Self-starter, Initiator and Independent Thinker;
- Strong planning, discipline and executing skills;
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on deadlines;
- Cool under pressure;
- Strong communication and presentation skills with dynamic approach to people;
- Proven ability to manage projects from beginning to completion, ‘can-do’ and ‘never-give-up’ attitude;
Please apply via the 'Apply' button.
Keywords: business development, sales, bulk, commodities, chemicals, oils, seeds, food, account management, trading