Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Business Control department in De Lier, we are looking for a Business Controller for one of our Business Units.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
As Business Controller you support the Head Business Control and the Business Unit Manager in all type of financial activities like budgeting, forecasting, monthly reporting, business cases, cost analysis, cost prices, investments et cetera. The Business Controller is an active sparring partner, with a proactive, solution driven and critical attitude towards management. You are able to lead and to cope with change.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Responsible for the Planning and Control Cycle (monthly reviews, forecasting and budgeting) for the Business Unit;
• Involved in the Business Unit improvement projects of Dümmen Orange;
• Play an active role in process improvements of the financial processes and systems (Exact, BI, product- and account profitability);
• Act as a business partner towards the Business Unit and a sparring partner towards the Head Business Control;
• Responsible for cost price calculations;
• Involved in post-merger integration.
• Relevant master degree, for example in Economics or Econometrics, and/or (willingness to) a post master course EMFC (Executive Master of Finance & Control), Accountancy or CMA (Certified Management Accountant);
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience;
• Fluent in Dutch and English (verbal and written), German is preferred;
• Excellent communication skills; must be able to interact with colleagues on all levels of the company;
• Self-starter, independent and proactive attitude;
• Drive for improvements and able to cope with a demanding and changing organization;
• Excellent analytical skills and conceptual capabilities;
• Flexible and able to work under pressure within deadlines;
• Ambition to grow into a senior financial management position in the future.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the "Apply" button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Barbara Hooites-Hoefeijzers (Head Business Control EMEA), via B.Hooites-Hoefeijzers@DummenOrange.com.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.