The Assistant Cargo Execution Manager in the Liner Operations Centre (LOC) for Maersk Line is heading up a team of Cargo Port Range Coordinators at the terminal locations (Rotterdam, Antwerp, Le Havre, Felixstowe).
The position is part of the operational head office for Maersk in Rotterdam but based at the Maasvlakte. The role focusses on enabling cost efficient and smooth cargo operations for our customers cargo to and from all vessels calls, both mainliner- and feeder vessels carrying Maersk and dealing with operational claims originating at the terminal.
This position is part of the Northern European Operations cluster (NEULOC).
NEULOC is responsible for vessel schedules, allocation management, VSA coordination, port productivity, procuring and controlling Container Yard, Port Expenses and Foreign Feeder costs, load and discharge processes, equipment positioning and evacuation.
NEULOC is a highly international environment and consists of approximately 200 driven colleagues with offices in various locations spread over North Europe, with the head office being based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Grow Twill Customer base
• Acquire new customers using functional best practices,
• Effectively present the Twill value proposition according to customer needs,
• Manage objections professionally and share best practices across the team,
• Collaborate with Marketing to deliver an aligned message offline and online,
• Manage and log pipeline effectively in salesforce and optimize sales capacity through effective planning,
• Provide feedback on lost opportunities to ensure insights are shared across Marketing, Operations and Product for future optimization,
• Work with the customer success partners to optimize both lead handover and quality.
Grow Twill Volumes
• Deliver volume growth and revenue as per targets,
• Spend time with the relevant customers,
• Engage customers during the first six months to establish loyalty and ensure customer retention over time through a smooth handover to the customer success partner.
Grow Twill Revenue and Profits
• Sell bundles
• Continuously focus on reducing sales cycles and activities needed to close the deal to improve productivity.
Above all, we are looking for a person who sees the positive difference Twill make to our customers and will help us bringing this opportunity to as many them as possible, fast.
• You have over 2 years of selling services experience in UK.
• You have a proven record of targeting, pursuing and winning clients.
• You have experience identify customer’s pain points and building a value argumentation based on them.
• You have experienced selling new products to current customers.
• You have experience selling services based on technology.
Highly motivated | Positive energy | Results driven | Able to sell value instead of price | Able to build trust quickly | Able to guide other through a process | Excellent online/physical communicator | Resilient | Takes ownership.
What we offer:
• A job in at the very heart of Maersk operations in which you will head up driven operational team.
• You will be based on the Maasvlakte, where you will be in the vicinity of where the actual operations take place.
• You will be an Assistant Manager under the cargo execution manager, who is remotely based in the Rotterdam City head office.
• You will lead a team, who on daily basis deals with a variety of operational challenges around ocean going container cargo.
• Your team is responsible for understanding and solving local (authority and custom) challenges, which lead to inefficient cargo operations and potential no loading. This will be done with the customer in mind, while maximizing cost recovery.
• As you wil be the Maersk representative on the ground, you will build a network with a variety of (external) stakeholders in the port areas.
• When required, you will step in the day to day to keep the operations running.
• You and your team will play a pivotal role in lifting the customer experience when shipping with Maersk, by creating a hassle free and smooth cargo operations in the Northern European ports.