Field Based Customer Support Engineer
FOSS Northern Europe
FOSS has over 60 years of experience in serving industry worldwide with quality analytical instrumentation. We supply dedicated analytical solutions for quality and production control for the Food Industry. You will be part of FOSS Northern Europe (FOSS-NE), which has regionally based sales, applications and customer support personnel throughout the region. Our talented team is ready to help improve the efficiency, control, and profitability of our customers’ operations.
As a Field Based Customer Support Engineer (FBCSE) you will be responsible for carrying out breakdown support, planned maintenance activity, installation, commissioning and training at customer premises on FOSS equipment. Reporting to the Customer Sales & Support Manager (CSSM), you will be communicating and working closely together with other FOSS colleagues, as well as having daily contact with customers.
The position is located within the FOSS-NE region of Benelux. You will be responsible for supporting activities across the whole territory, with extensive travelling to carry out duties at customer sites, as well as travel to and from the offices in ijsselstijn (NL), Hamburg (D) and Hilleroed (DK). The role will require extensive travel within the region, often at short notice, and requires stay away from home as required to carry out the role.
- Be available to travel to customers at short notice to carry out work as requested by the Customer Service Coordinator (CSC) or CSSM, across the F-NE region
- Assist in or lead the installation, maintenance, and repair of FOSS equipment at customer sites and other locations
- Provide phone support to customers and recommend action to be taken – order parts, service visit, etc.
- Liaise with the customer administration team to advise on escalations
- Assist with out of hours phone support as per agreement with our contract customers
- Complete all SI’s assigned in a timely and accurate manner, within one day of any customer visit
- Liaise with sales colleagues to assist and support with technical questions and demo support as requested via service coordination
- Assist and support colleagues with request for technical support and assistance
- Train users in software applications and correct equipment operation and maintenance
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by monitoring assigned support activities and maintaining an appropriate level of communication with CSSM and support coordinator
- Maintain accurate accounts of services performed and submit activity and expense reports using designated resources according to company and department policy and procedures
We expect you to have an appropriate university or college degree, a strong customer service ethic and drive to provide top quality support. You are a good team worker with excellent communication skills both verbally and in written form. You are open minded and have a positive attitude, as well as a focus on achieving defined goals and milestones.
An international and dynamic working environment, where there are good opportunities to develop professionally and personally. At FOSS, we put the employees and the quality of cooperation highly. We believe that cooperation based on trust, open dialogue, clear objectives and good colleagues who help each other gives motivation and job satisfaction. We want to motivate our employees to take responsibility and influence.
Send your application using the link below. Applications are reviewed daily so if you are interested in the position and hold the required qualifications, please send us your application today. Please note that we only accept applications sent via the link below.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Team Leader, Franklin Vienne on FV@foss.nl.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, family status, age, or religion.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,400 highly qualified employees worldwide.