StepStone and security
StepStone's mission is on the one hand to assist jobseekers in finding a position that they truly fit and on the other to help companies find talented candidates. In each case confidence is of the utmost importance. This is why StepStone does all it can to protect your private information 100% and to ensure that the information you place on our site is only used for StepStone's services. For more information on this subject, please refer to our Privacy Statement and to our Disclaimer.
As an internet user, you take decisions everyday that effect your level of security. Here are some tips to help keep your personal information safe:
- if you receive a suspicious e-mail, for example from someone asking you to enter your StepStone information on another site, do not do so and do not reply.
- StepStone will never ask candidates for bank account details.
- Please note that upon forwarding your personal information to a third party, we are not responsible for the use of the data by such third parties. A job listing could be published by a company or individual that might use your personal data for purposes other than that intended. We cannot control this. You should therefore check the identity of any third party to whom you send your personal data. For example, you should never send personal data to a private email address.
- You should not to supply a recruiter with certain sensitive data, even if they request this. Such sensitive data would include (but is not limited to) your personal ID number, social security number, credit card number and banking details.
- Never give your password to another person.
- Don't automatically download files that are presented to you. Only do so if it's necessary and you are certain that the source is legitimate.
- Be extra careful when dealing with companies abroad.
If you see anything strange on our site or in our e-mails, don't hesitate to contact us on 02 / 209 98 00 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org