Enhancement & Release Coordination Lead
Imperial Brands is the world’s fourth largest international tobacco company. Imperial Brands manufactures, markets and sells a comprehensive range of tobacco related products in over 160 countries worldwide. With over 37,000 staff worldwide, our strategy focuses on delivering high quality sustainable sales growth, whilst effectively managing our costs and cash flows.
The Role: The Enhancement & Release Coordination Lead is responsible for creating, maintaining and executing the Release calendar, containing the overall plan for implementation of changes to all applications within Business Solutions. This will involve working closely with Solution Domain Managers and Solution Managers as well as with in-flight project teams to understand all of the changes proposed for an application and then producing an optimised schedule for the delivery of releases. The Enhancement and Release Coordination Lead will also be responsible for coordinating the activities within the Enhancement & Release Coordination team as well as reviewing enhancement requests and determining if the requests should be bundled into a larger package of change.
- Create, maintain and execute the Release calendar for changes. This needs to be done in coordination with the Team Leads within the Technology and Integration department as well as Solution Managers and Service Delivery Managers with regards to available capacity
- Coordinate all Enhancement & Release Coordination team related activities. Manage priorities and handle team related escalations
- Work with project teams and Solution Architects to identify efficiency gains to be achieved by combining multiple intended changes into a single application release
- Ensure proper IS and User documentation of changes is available and distributed throughout the Change Management process
- Own and maintain a release calendar for specific applications that includes detailed release plans where required
- Prepare reports for management on proposed release schedules to be reviewed by the different Heads of CoE’s
- Manage the enhancements process within Business Solutions, taking in demand for changes or enhancements to applications assigned to the different CoE’s
- Ensure enhancement implementation does not exceed the annual Business Solutions enhancement cap by tracking and reporting enhancement effort with all Enhancement and Release Coordinators
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level, ideally in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience working in release management, PMO or project management
- Experience as a team lead in a similar environment
- Experience of specific applications relevant to the CoE
- Experience with technology change projects and awareness of the technology and business impact of changes
- Experience and knowledge of release planning principles, methodologies and tool
- 3 years + experience in solution engineering or application development or business analysis Understanding of the functionality provided by particular applications and how they support business processes
- Knowledge of solution development lifecycles (including waterfall, iterative and other approaches to software development)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to influence others move toward a common vision or goal
Imperial Tobacco offers a challenging international function in a pleasant informal working atmosphere. We reward your commitment with an excellent salary and benefits, and an opportunity for your career development.