(senior) Portfolio Manager Emerging Markets Debt
Are you an experienced Portfolio Manager with excellent analytical and communication skills? Then we would love to here your story.
APG Asset Management is looking for a (senior) Portfolio Manager Emerging Markets Debt (EMD) for the hard currency team. As a Portfolio Manager, you will be responsible for managing the hard currency emerging market debt portfolio. You will cover a number of countries of the emerging market hard currency universe both from a research, credit analyses and portfolio management side.
In general you will be responsible for:
- Analyzing and keeping track of relevant global developments in developed and emerging markets and anticipating/judging relevance for and impact on the portfolio;
- Conducting research on emerging countries by desk research, analyst meetings, research trips and maintaining appropriate documentation of those activities;
- Providing recommendations and contribute to the decisions on risk allocation, portfolio construction, duration and country allocation of the hard currency emerging market debt portfolio;
- Develop/enhance portfolio strategies and tools for the management of the hard emerging market portfolio and global emerging market portfolio.
You will also participate in the weekly and monthly investment meetings and will interact closely with the rest of the team and organization on investment views. As such you will also work together with the local currency team.
The Emerging Markets Debt team at APG Asset Management manages a hard currency and local currency EMD portfolio. The team consists of 8 investment professionals working from APG’s Amsterdam and New York offices. The team is organized along hard and local currency EMD but functions as one team. We anticipate to hire a portfolio manager with a medior to senior profile for our Amsterdam office.
The Portfolio Manager that we are looking for is a strong team player, brings excellent analytical and communication skills and has a proactive attitude. Self-motivation as well as a can-do mentality is in your DNA and you have a healthy ambition level.
Additionally we ask for:
- A university degree;
- A VBA or CFA certification;
- A minimum of four years of portfolio management experience with a demonstrable track record;
- Preferably experience in emerging markets;
- An excellent verbal and written command of the English language;
- The willingness to travel from time to time.
APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.5 million people on behalf of several pension funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants cost effectively. We contribute to a quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary, a quality pension scheme and a year-end bonus, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer and Top ICT Employer titles since 2008.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives. Everyone is welcome to apply.
For more information about this position, please contact Freek Fischer, Recruitment, at +31 (0)6 22 22 52 97. If you are the person we are looking for, click on the apply button, complete the form and upload your CV and covering letter.
Apply directly via the 'Apply' button!
Applications for this position will be accepted at the latest until the 24th of January, 2017 inclusive. Subsequently, the CV selection will be carried out and you will be notified of the outcome.
Keywords: Vacancy, Fulltime, Amsterdam, Portfolio Management, EMD Specialist.