IT internship - SAP and BI (Students Only!)
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. Headquartered in southern Maine, IDEXX conducts operations through more than 80 locations around the world, serves customers in over 175 countries, and employs over 7,000 people.
IDEXX's primary business focuses on pet health, a growing market around the world. IDEXX products —in-clinic diagnostic tests and instrumentation, reference laboratory and telemedicine consultation services, and practice management software—enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and to build more economically successful practices.
IDEXX also develops and manufactures diagnostic tests and information for the global production animal industry, including poultry and livestock, as well as tests for the quality and safety of water and milk.
IDEXX attracts, rewards and inspires exceptionally talented and motivated people who are eager to participate in two of the most important technological revolutions of our time—biotechnology and information technology.
IDEXX offers outstanding opportunities for personal growth and success, and support excellence, world-class standards, and continuous improvement.
Learning experience for students interested in fulltime internships to supplement course of study. Students will gain real world experience and may be assigned to project teams.
For our IT SAP Services & Support and Business Intelligence department we are specifically searching for kandidates studying Business Economics, Business Administration and/or Business Information Science with knowledge and/or experience regarding SAP and/or BI.
Performs a variety of activities in one or more of the following information technology areas:
- Infrastructure, including systems administration, technical training, help desk support, software testing, telecommunications and/or network engineering.
- Data Analysis, including data warehouse techniques, data visualization, and various other reporting methods
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), including systems administration and SAP and packaged system software applications development and support.
- Application Development, including SAP and packaged system software applications development and web page development and architecture.
- Business Integration, including IT project management and business analysis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs information technology work providing technology resources and services in support of Company operations.
- Performs variety of information technology activities typically involving less complex work or smaller projects.
- May perform systems administration, business analysis, technical project work, database testing, development activities, programming and coding as needed, telecommunications, network support and/or other activities in support of information technology work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to and models the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and must be returning IDEXX interns or have completed at least one year of college. A track record of student success and potential as demonstrated by GPA, research portfolio, prior work experiences and/or the recommendation of a professor or teacher is preferred.
IDEXX sponsors internships associated with various fields of study including but not limited to: Informatics, Computer Science, Math, Systems Engineering, Business Administration and other.
For our IT SAP Services & Support and Business Intelligence department we are specifically searching for candidates studying Business Economics, Business Administration and/or Business Information Science with knowledge and/or experience regarding SAP and/or BI.
Non-required. For SAP internships, end-user experience and/or customizing knowledge is a plus. For BI internships, SQL knowledge or experience is a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Computer-related aptitude required.
- General business knowledge required.
- Excellent problem solving skills required.
- Excellent customer service and business relationship-building skills required.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including ability to translate technical subject matter to non-technical audiences.
- Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
- Fluency in the English language.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: None.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Normal Office environment.
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO: Consolidation Financial Analyst.
MINIMUM INTERNSHIP PERIOD: 20 weeks
INTERNSHIP ALLOWANCE: 400 EURO per month
Please send us your resume and motivational letter in English to Interns@IDEXX.com
Note that this is an internship, not a position for a fulltime job and you have to be enrolled in school.