Product Specialist Account Payments
equensWorldline is one of the leading and most innovative payment service providers in Europe. As experts in financial processing and software licensing we provide services to fulfill all needs of the dynamic European payments market. We process billions of payments, POS and ATM transactions per year. Obviously, all those transactions must be processed seamlessly, securely and efficiently. And that’s what we do. Being a central pillar of the wider Worldline Group, it’s our ambition to support our clients in keeping up with the rapidly shifting market demands. A challenging job, as the payments market – and therefore also our organization – is subject to continuous change. And you can contribute to achieving this goal!
The work environment
Account Payments Product Management team is responsible for the development of market value propositions and the acceptance and maintenance of the entire product portfolio within the Payments area. The portfolio covers Bank and Corporate payment products, Clearing and Settlement, Instant Payments, Access to Account (PSD2), digital routing services, Mobile Payment Solutions and back-office payments processing. The team develops product life cycle plans and defines the roadmap and anticipates on market developments, works out product concepts in concrete services by supporting the product development process from the business side and maintains and accepts new products leading to a competitive and innovative product portfolio. Product Management is responsible for the performance and profitability of the existing products, while introducing additional functionality based on market and client needs.
What will your job be?
Product Specialist with the Account Payments Product Management team develops, manages and maintains a set of Payment products and services. The product specialist writes/maintains the product lifecycle plan and defines the product portfolio roadmap and monitors product performances, leading to innovation, renewal and maintenance of Account Payment products meeting the determined purpose and running undisturbed on defined Service Levels supporting the clients’ business.
Key responsibilities of the Product Specialist include:
- Defines and develops services regarding new and existing markets
- Defines the Product portfolio roadmap and the product life cycle plan
- Generates, defines and maintains business requirements and specifications, the client facing user requirements and defines the impact on the product
- Delivers and maintains product documentation, Service catalogue, Service Level Description and monitors the product key performance indicators performance
- Accepts developed products regarding the functional capabilities
- Plans and prioritizes products and changes in releases
- Monitors profitability and cost levels
- Supports the Product Market Manager and Sales in pre-Sales, RFI/RFP activities as specialist
- Proposes new investments for product enhancement and monitors regulatory compliance
What do you have to offer?
- Bachelor or Master Degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the Payments industry
- Solid knowledge of payments products including SEPA, e-payments, international payments
- Affinity with PSD2, Instant Payments and (Dutch) domestic schemes
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and Dutch, German is a plus
- Stakeholder management skills
- Sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability
- Client-centric and proactive attitude
What do we offer in return?
Depending on education and experience, your gross annual salary (including thirteenth month and holiday allowance) will be between € 47,900 and € 65,900. Next to that we offer excellent secondary benefits such as an annual performance allowance, a nearly premium free pension and an interesting, challenging and international work environment. Furthermore, there is room for professional and personal development and a good work-life balance. This is a full-time job of 36 hours a week. Working hours are determined after consultation with the manager.
Further information and application
For further information about the position, please contact Gerard Scheepers, Management Consultant, Phone: 088-385 6692, or contact Carolien Polman, Recruiter, Phone: 088 385 5801. For additional information, please visit our website www.equensworldline.com.
To apply directly, please use the application form. An assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
Acquisition is not appreciated!