Category Manager Supply Chain
Do you dare to challenge the status quo, propose solutions and lead by example? Are you a visionary when it comes to building procurement strategies? Do you see yourself as a driver when it comes to implementing changes and coming with out of the box ideas? If you can also describe yourself as pragmatic, an entrepreneur original and results oriented?
As Category manager Supply Chain you will develop and implement the purchasing strategy and the purchasing action plan for the MRO and Capex category together with your key stakeholders within HEINEKEN Nederland and HEINEKEN Global Procurement. You will focus on identifying opportunities within your category, including innovation and sustainability.
Some of the main responsibilities in this position of Category Manager Supply Chain:
- Analyze and identify opportunities to maximize the contribution of procurement to overall Business results;
- Identify and challenge the demands and needs (i.e. quantities/specifications and services levels) of internal stakeholders for your category;
- Collect market dynamics of the specific category and stay up to date with trends and risks of the market;
- Drive and challenge internal stakeholders to obtain optimal results;
- Lead the purchasing process “Source to Contract” (specification/selection/negotiating/contracting);
- Set-up and execute E-auctions;
- Maintain ownership for the specific category whilst providing the required service to the relevant internal stakeholders.
As a result of performing your role, you will take accountability for a long term strategy and purchasing action plan for the MRO & Capex category which is aligned with internal stakeholders and contract management. You will become in this way a professional business partner for the internal stakeholders.
Your working place will be located at our headquarter in Zoeterwoude and you will report to Kirsty Koppenrade, Manager Buying.
The Buying department is part of the Heineken Netherlands Procurement department. Our Category Managers interact with the following departments: Supply Chain, Commerce and Business Services (Facilities/HR/Legal/Tax/M&D), Finance and HEINEKEN Global procurement and externally with national- and international suppliers.
Our ambition as department is to actively contribute to defining and realizing Business Plans with our key stakeholders focused on managing the basics of Cost, Cash, Quality and Security of supply as well as driving Innovation and Sustainability.
For this role as Category Manager Supply Chain we are looking for someone who with this profile:
- A Master degree, preferable in business economics, procurement, technical/ engineering or a similar background;
- At least 4 years relevant working experience in procurement area;
- Preferably experience in servicing a technical area represents is an advantage;
- Experience and understanding of business processes and ERP systems. SAP sourcing is an advantage;
- Ability to develop & manage the assigned category;
- Strong communications skills and ability to engage and influence others;
- Fluent communication and verbal skills in Dutch and English;
- Strong ability in managing multiple stakeholders, projects and deadlines, with strong analytical & negotiation skills and “can do” mentality;
- Appetite for change and eagerness to collaborating with stakeholders to drive through improvements.
When we talk about a good compensation, we mean more than just a good salary. Having fun in your work and a good balance between work and private life is at least equally important. The more you will enjoy your job, the better your contribution to our products will be. You will have plenty of opportunities to develop yourself. You will be able to take next steps in your career within your own discipline at HEINEKEN Netherlands but also outside your current job area.
The great thing about working at HEINEKEN Netherlands is that you will always be looking at more than your own job area. We value your talent and opinion, with everything that we want to improve. This means that you can get involved in a project outside of your current area of expertise, where you will be able to share your passion in a different way, in working with successful brands such as Amstel, Brand, Royal Club, Sourcy, Jillz, Crystal Clear and of course Heineken.
For additional information about this job opening or the application process, please contact Kirsty Koppenrade, Manager Buying at Kirsty.email@example.com. Are you interested in this role and would like to apply straight away? Please click on the 'Apply' button.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Keywords: Vacancy, Full-time, Leiden, procurement, Category Manager Supply Chain