109746 Senior Specialist IT enterprise architect (Data & Standards architect)
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Team / Division Description
Information systems (IS) is a truly Pan-European division with members in Toyota’s head office, manufacturing
plants and country sales organizations.
We contribute to every part of our business from vehicle design through to connected navigation and in car
The enterprise architecture (EA) department within Information Systems is responsible for supporting application
development projects with application, software and infrastructure architecture. EA also supports the developer
community with collaboration, (software) development and testing tools.
In addition, the team defines IT standards, reference architectures and technology roadmaps for major IT
technologies such as cloud, business intelligence, identity management or mobile smartphone applications.
Finally, the EA team is also responsible for master data management.
As “Data & Standards Architect” you will be responsible:
• for following up on new IT developments and technologies.
• to define roadmaps for phasing out old technologies and introducing new technologies and evaluate impact in terms of cost, quality and timing.
• to define IT standards in the area of IT (software) architecture, IT (development) tooling, identity management, security, authentication and authorization.
• also define reference architectures (blueprints) for various technologies (e.g. for mobile, cloud, business intelligence).
• To perform IT product evaluations, sometimes through the implementation of a Proof-of-concept, either within the EA department or in collaboration with IT vendors.
• To support and potentially lead the "master data management" activities within the department.
• To support global alignment activities on enterprise architecture within Toyota worldwide.
• To help maintain Toyota's Enterprise Architecture WIKI and support application development teams in decisions on application / project architecture.
• To (occasionally) help write and evaluate (technical) RFP responses from 3rd party (software) vendors / suppliers.
• You have min. 5 – 10 years working experience in an IS environment
• Previous experience in a software architect role or in an enterprise architecture department is an asset.
• You have a keen interest in new IT technologies (cloud, mobile, BI, Java(Script)) and follow closely the IT trends in software and application development.
• You have experience in cutting edge software development and practises and can demonstrate knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
• You have interest in and want to understand cloud based solutions (e.g. SAAS/PAAS, Azure and Amazon Cloud technologies, Kafka, Heroku).
• You understand the concepts of Identity & Authentication / Authorization Management. You understand the software development lifecycle approaches (e.g. either Waterfall or Agile Scrum).
• You have understanding and initial experience with one or more of the following technologies: Java & Service Tiers (Spring / Hibernate), Data Tiers (JPA / JDBC / ODBC), Database solutions (RDBMS (Oracle, MS SQL, DB2) / MongoDB, ElasticSearch), Middleware (Camel, ActiveMQ, CXF), Enterprise Integration Patterns, RESTful web services / JSON / JMS.
• You understand development tooling (Maven, SVN, Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo…).
• You have affinity and/or experience with software and technology architecture.
• Knowledge of an enterprise architecture framework (e.g. TOGAF, NIST, etc.) is an asset.
• You are flexible to perform multiple roles and assigments concurrently and capable of managing your priorities and time allocation.
• You are a good communicator and capable of building consensus with other people in the organization.
• You are not afraid of speaking in public and presenting information to management.
• Able to work under pressure, with strong engagement and challenge mindset.
• Able to show the skills and understanding expected for a project management role
• Enjoy a multicultural and international environment
• Result driven, pro-active, problem solver
• Tenacious in nature and take deadlines very seriously
• You are Fluent in English (TME business language)
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
• customer mindset
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe, Head Office - Brussels (Evere)
Starting date: asap
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a
motivated IS team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job
development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive
compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance
including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
For TME internal applicant, please send an email to the OJP mailbox