109760 Specialist Organisation & People Development Human Resources
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global
corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles,
parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is
why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is
called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of
unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
The OPD team contributes to strengthening the organisation by supporting Line Management to:
a) define & control the ideal organisation structure
b) maximise the development and utilization of human resources
Within the assigned business unit(s), the OPD Specialist is in charge of the implementation and timely completion of all OPD processes. Within the team, he/she also acts as ‘process owner’ for 1 or more assigned process(es) (e.g. organization review, succession planning, development committees, appraisal, promotion, etc.).
The OPD Specialist reports to the HR OPD Manager.
• On time and correct implementation (including kick-off, monitoring and reporting) of all OPD processes within your assigned business unit(s). Make sure that they become common business practice through close coordination and regular liaison with line management.
• For the process(es) where you are assigned as Process Owner, coordinate all kick-off, monitoring and reporting material preparation / activities, gather feedback from colleagues & line-managers to diagnose the effectiveness and efficiency of the assigned process(es), policies and systems and make concrete proposals for improvement when required.
• Establish and maintain constructive relations with line managers and support them in managing their resources to achieve business objectives.
• Keep up to date regarding external HR practices.
• Education: Bachelor or Master degree in HR / Economics / Law or other business related field
• Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in the area of organization & people development
• Experience with working in an international, multicultural environment
• Influencing, coaching, project management and presentation skills
• Good negotiating, change management and organizational development skills
• Assertive but diplomatic attitude and good business communication skills as this role will have contacts in all hierarchical levels of the organisation
• Committed, trustworthy, discrete and able to handle confidential data
• Strong analytical / conceptual skills are a must, as well as a fact based and logical mindset
• Good MS Office, presentation & reporting skills
• Must be willing to work independently & as a team towards a result
• Stress resistant
• Advanced knowledge of Belgian Labor Law and Social Legislation
• Fluency in English – knowledge of Dutch or French is an asset
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
• customer mindset
Toyota Motor Europe, Head Office - Brussels (Evere)
Starting date: asap
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a
motivated HR team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job
development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive
compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance
including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).