109769 - Human Support Robot Engineer – Computer Vision- PE Advanced Technology Department
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Team / Division Description
TME’s robotics team is part of the Advanced Technology department that aims at researching, developing and integrating European unique and advanced technology into Toyota products and processes. Our team is focusing on robotic technology in service robots for elder care, labour, housework etc. We are specialized in perception and communication technologies for Human-Robot-Interaction.
You will be working in a small team of researchers, developing, evaluating and integrating various technologies for Toyota robots. This includes managing R&D projects with external partners including software development and transfer to our mother division in Japan.
We are offering a position for a research engineer to contribute to the development of advanced perception technology for a human support robot.
• You will develop advanced software for Toyota robots
• You follow up trends in European robotics research and report to Japanese mother division
• You identify development areas for Toyota robots, select research partner after thorough analysis of potential candidates and propose R&D project with clear plan
• You ensure smooth integration of the developed software on Toyota robots and transfer of knowledge to colleagues in other teams
• You have a PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Physics, Statistics or equivalent focused on machine learning and artificial intelligence
• You have a minimum of 3-4 years of work experience
• You have a strong background in computer vision, deep learning, especially convolutional neural networks, and stochastic methods in a robotics setting
• You have a practical experience with use of robot hardware
• You are proficient in C++, Python, with working knowledge of the robot operating system ROS.
• You have good experience in designing and developing large software systems under Linux with CMake using state of the art tools such as version control (git), continuous integration and virtualization.
• You are fluent in English verbal and written communication
• You have strong problem solving skills and analytical mindset.
• You are a flexible team player with open personality.
• You have ability to work in an independent way, hands-on mentality.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• have strong planning and organization skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
• have a creative mind and passion for cars. (if relevant for function)
• have excellent communication skills
Belgium - Brussels (Zaventem) : Toyota Motor Europe, Technical Centre
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
For TME internal applicant, please send an email to the OJP mailbox